Green Bonds in Mexico
In order to mobilize capital at scale urgently required to achieve China’s commitment to reduce emissions by 25 percent until 2030, the green bond pioneer Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken (SEB) and GIZ’s Emerging Markets Dialogue on Finance, jointly with their Mexican partners, seek to support the development of a prosperous and sustainable green bond market in Mexico.
To promote highest environmental, market and transparency standards, the Strategic Alliance (STA) aims to raise awareness, enhance practical knowledge and build professional capacity on green bonds as (re-)financing and investment tool. Core activities comprise a workshop series, roundtables, symposia and individual advisory support for key stakeholder groups, including potential issuers, investors, underwriters, regulators & policy makers, as well as external verifiers.
The events serve to provide a platform for learning and knowledge exchange through engagement with leading international and domestic green bond experts who share their profound knowledge and hands-on technical expertise on the pillars that constitute a robust green bond framework.
- Workshop I: Definitions, Selection & Verification (10 & 11 Oct 2016, Mexico City)
- Workshop II: Monitoring, Reporting & Market Aspects (1 & 2 Mar 2017, Mexico City)
- Roundtable: Green Financial Solutions in Mexico – How to Move from Niche to Mainstream? (18 Oct 2017, Mexico City)
- Panel discussion: Risk Assessment for Green Bond Investments at ABM’s Annual Risk Management Symposium (20 Oct 2017, Mexico City)
- STA publication: Green Bonds – Ecosystem, Issuance Process and Regional Perspectives I Mexico Edition (Feb 2018)
- External review:
- Impact Reporting:
- Green Bonds – Working towards a Harmonized Framework for Impact Reporting (Dec 2015)
- Nordic Public Sector Issuers: Position Paper on Green Bonds Impact Reporting (Feb 2020)
Domestic Implementation Partners